How to deauthorized old computers ?

I am getting a message "You already Authorized Five Computers". How do I deauthorize old computers? I don't have iTunes on my Mac or my iPhone.

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2023 2:18 PM

See the following from Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If you need to deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app.
  2. Choose Account > Account Settings.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2023 2:18 PM in response to iv5555

See the following from Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

If you need to deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app.
  2. Choose Account > Account Settings.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

May 23, 2024 4:41 PM in response to TRexAccordion

TRexAccordion wrote:
PS: as a result of this I can't listen to music for which I still possess the original CDs.

Authorization has nothing to do with being able to play your "original CDs" (physical CDs), importing them into iTunes/Music, playing them in the iTunes/Music apps or even burning their playlists to additional CD media.

Authorization only pertains to being able to play music or video that you have purchased directly from Apple and that have DRM associated with them. Not all purchases from Apple even have DRM.

How to deauthorized old computers ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.