Cannot play Udemy videos on Safari after updating Sonoma 14.1.2 version

Hi,

I cannot watch Udemy videos on Safari after updating Sonoma 14.1.2 version. Safari don't play udemy videos, showing a blank black screen, or freezing on the current screen. Is there any solution, or Apple must solve this issue in a new version? There is no any problem in Chrome or Edge. I wanna use Safari's web apps option.

VMware

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2024 7:57 AM

this step didn't work for me. Everyone on google is saying use chrome, I don't want to. Safari was working just fine until the last two updates. Now it will not work.

Apple please just correct the issue OR contact UDEMY and assist them with correcting the issue since so many of your users use UDEMY.

I am not a programmer or a software engineer, but I am intelligent enough to learn code but don't want to. SO fix this. And enough with the updates. I am working on certifications, every time you do an update, I have to pause, search how to fix something newly broken, just to continue with my certs. #annoyed

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2024 7:57 AM in response to AlgTurk

this step didn't work for me. Everyone on google is saying use chrome, I don't want to. Safari was working just fine until the last two updates. Now it will not work.

Apple please just correct the issue OR contact UDEMY and assist them with correcting the issue since so many of your users use UDEMY.

I am not a programmer or a software engineer, but I am intelligent enough to learn code but don't want to. SO fix this. And enough with the updates. I am working on certifications, every time you do an update, I have to pause, search how to fix something newly broken, just to continue with my certs. #annoyed

Feb 26, 2024 10:13 AM in response to rasand293

I'm having the same issue with videos not playing correctly on Udemy when they were fine before. The solution above to remove content blockers did not help me either. Can someone from Apple at least let us know that this is being worked on? Updates lately break so many things. In addition to constant crashes in Pages and Numbers, and random email issues, now there are Safari problems. This has been going on for the last few months worth of updates. We should be able to do basic computing on devices this expensive without months of problems from poor quality control on updates.

This issue is affecting other users as well.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apr 3, 2024 10:11 AM in response to AlgTurk

Come on Apple, either you make Safari chromium-based or fix it. Apple users are growing fast and using Udemy in big numbers, they truly don't deserve after spending tons to buy MacBooks to find out browser's incompatibility for widely used websites. Please help... we are trying our best not to download your competitors browsers, but you don't seem to leave us any choice. Fix it.

Cannot play Udemy videos on Safari after updating Sonoma 14.1.2 version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.