iPhone volume is too loud, even at the lowest option on the volume slider.

I am on an iPhone 15, which is updated to iOS 17.1.2. Recently I’ve been having an issue with the volume, which is extremely loud for whatever reason. I typically use the Airpod Max, but the lowest volume was too loud, so I decided to use wired earbuds and an adapter, which still didn’t resolve the volume issue. The only way I can manage to get normal sounding audio is when I don’t have headphones or earbuds connected. If anyone could help I’d be so grateful, thanks! :D

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 5, 2023 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2024 1:05 PM

Does not work for me. Wired headphones are so loud it will hurt my ears. Please fix.

15 replies

Dec 5, 2023 5:52 PM in response to lotused

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Apr 13, 2024 9:12 AM in response to My7890uisdhk

It is a three step process. In the third step you Press and Hold the Side Button (pressed) until you see the Apple Logo. It may take up to 20 seconds of keeping the Side Button pressed until the Apple Logo appears.

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

iPhone volume is too loud, even at the lowest option on the volume slider.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.