Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shared AirTag No Location Found

Wife and I have shared AirTags without any problem, and they are visible on all our devices, apart from one. She shared a new AirTag with me today, and although she sees the item and its location in Find My on her devices, on all of my devices the item is listed and shown as shared by her, but its location is not. It says No Location Found on all my devices. Location Services are enabled on all devices.

We have removed it from the shared list on my devices, and on hers, and have shared it again, but it still says No Location Found on my devices. How can I fix this?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2023 9:09 AM

Well, I spent half an hour on Chat with a support person in the Subcontinent, and after going through all possible troubleshooting measures, including Air Tag hard reset, he escalated it. Then spent another good while on the phone with a more elevated support person (in Ireland?). Same story. She then set up an appointment at the Genius Bar, where a Genius (and several helpers) spent half an hour doing everything they could think of. In the end they concluded that it was probably brought on by a bug in the latest software updates (iOS? iPadOS? Sonoma?). She will report it to Apple. So meanwhile, rest easy that there's nothing we can do except wait for a software update to fix it.

36 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2023 9:09 AM in response to Mike Connally

Well, I spent half an hour on Chat with a support person in the Subcontinent, and after going through all possible troubleshooting measures, including Air Tag hard reset, he escalated it. Then spent another good while on the phone with a more elevated support person (in Ireland?). Same story. She then set up an appointment at the Genius Bar, where a Genius (and several helpers) spent half an hour doing everything they could think of. In the end they concluded that it was probably brought on by a bug in the latest software updates (iOS? iPadOS? Sonoma?). She will report it to Apple. So meanwhile, rest easy that there's nothing we can do except wait for a software update to fix it.

Dec 11, 2023 5:22 PM in response to LUCMM

Hi! I have the same issue! AND I just installed the newest iOS 17.2 and nothing different. I have an iPhone 15 Pro Max running iOS 17.2 and my wife (whom I am sharing with) has an iPhone 15 Pro running iOS 17.2. I am the owner of the AirTags and she (she has her own Apple ID) can see them (two at this point), but cannot see their location. Today is the first time I have tried the share, so I have no idea if it ever worked.

Looking forward to being able to share the AirTags.

Thanks Apple! Now you just have to get it to WORK!

Hang in there gang!✌️

Dec 12, 2023 3:53 AM in response to Mike Connally

Exactly the same here. I own two AirTags, successfully added to my devices list on Find My and trackable. They're visible from both my iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 15.8) and iPad Air 3 (iPadOS 17.1.1.)

They can be shared without a problem with someone else with an iPhone SE (iOS 17), but that person cannot locate any of the AirTags. Find My displays the same message described by other users: "No location found."

It's very frustrating!

Dec 13, 2023 7:54 AM in response to Mike Connally

I have the exact same issue with multiple AirTags. Hopefully the right people are aware and working on it. Also confirmed as disappointedly not fixed under 17.2. I will also add (In case the right person reads this and it helps) that this working fine with shared AirTags that were shared a few weeks ago. Aside from the time difference where the sharing took place, the only other important difference I can tell is that the working shared AirTags are owned by members of the same Apple/Sharing Family, but the ones that don't work are not.

Dec 10, 2023 8:22 AM in response to Mike Connally

I’m having the same issue when sharing with my wife. Also when she shares with me. We have iPhone 12 with latest version of 17. I have reported to Apple and they have opened a case. It will be interesting to see what they say. I’m wondering if it’s the latest security update that has caused this. Will post on here when they come back to me.

Dec 11, 2023 7:25 AM in response to Mike Connally

Same issue for me, my wife and son. We removed the AirTags shared and then reshared again. The AirTags in my Find My that i shared with them won’t show my AirTags location to them. The AirTags they shared with me do not show location in my Find My. Some issue with shared AirTags location. This started last Friday December 8th.

Apple support told me that this is a known issue and they are working on to fix it with next iOS update. I don’t know if she meant iOS 17.2 or iOS 18 though.

Dec 13, 2023 8:28 AM in response to Mike Connally

Hello again! To be sure someone from Apple is listening (reading), we all can write to Apple about this issue! Go to www.apple.com/feedback . This goes for anytime there is an issue that is not getting the attention it deserves. Theoretically, the more people that write, the sooner the issue will get fixed. Thank you for your time in this matter!

Shared AirTag No Location Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.