Iphone 13 Display Tone

Just bought an iphone 13. Am seeing a different display tone especially on dark pictures

the white beam of light just spills over, is this normal? I also have an iphone 8, but the picture has a direct white beam (normal)

Posted on Dec 9, 2023 1:46 AM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2023 2:18 AM in response to asa112

This may help you --> Photography using iPhone - Apple Community

Lighting plays a crucial role when capturing indoor photos or videos as it greatly impacts the overall quality and aesthetics of the final result. Here are some reasons why lighting is essential in indoor photography and videography:

1. Adequate lighting ensures that your subject is properly exposed, meaning it is neither too bright nor too dark. Sufficient light helps to maintain clarity, detail, and sharpness in your images or footage, allowing viewers to see the subject clearly.
  2. Appropriate lighting conditions help to reproduce accurate colors in your indoor photos and videos. Different light sources can have varying color temperatures, such as warm (yellowish) or cool (bluish) tones. Understanding and controlling the lighting in your environment enables you to achieve the desired color accuracy and white balance.
  3. Properly balanced lighting helps to minimize harsh shadows or blown-out highlights, creating a more balanced and visually pleasing composition. By strategically positioning light sources or using reflectors, you can control the shadows and highlights to enhance the overall depth and dimension of your indoor shots.
  4. Lighting has the power to set the mood and create a specific atmosphere in your indoor visuals. For example, soft and diffused lighting can generate a calm and intimate ambiance, while dramatic or directional lighting can evoke a sense of mystery or tension. Understanding how different lighting techniques influence the mood allows you to craft the desired emotional impact in your photos or videos.
  5. Being able to control the lighting in indoor settings provides you with greater creative freedom. You can experiment with various lighting setups, such as using natural light, artificial lighting, or a combination of both. Additionally, manipulating the direction, intensity, and color of light allows you to create unique and captivating visual effects, enhancing the storytelling aspect of your indoor photography or videography.

Considering these factors, investing time and effort into understanding and utilizing proper lighting techniques will significantly enhance the quality, impact, and overall aesthetic appeal of your indoor photos and videos.

Dec 9, 2023 2:23 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your reply. The issue is not actually on the camera. Whenever i view any picture with black tone being it on the web, an app or just my photo library the pictures look blurry. In one instance i was outdoor and i viewed the same black picture and it was alright but when indoors it looks weird. I am not sure what might be the problem.

Iphone 13 Display Tone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.