📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hacked message

I was browsing some website on Google about a kids tv show then it came up (ur iPhone has been hacked with a close button) I panicked and pressed the back arrow button then it redirected me to an adult website I cleared my history right away didn’t click anything. I have iCloud private relay on to prevent things from this and I have block pop ups on so I’ve no idea how this came up. Is it a scam please?

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 9, 2023 11:27 AM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2023 11:53 AM in response to fiánna

It’s a scam.

Scammers (and advertisers and propagandists) routinely and purposefully use adult site links, and intimate photo disclosure threats, and old and compromised passwords (don’t re-use passwords!), and the rest because those threats work. Those threats cause recipients to panic and do things against the recipients’ own best interests.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/07/sextortion-scam-uses-recipients-hacked-passwords/

Close the tab and move on.

iPhone hacked message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.