iTunes refuses to sync with iPhone 15 Pro Max

My music library syncs perfectly to my iPhone 5 and iPhone 8 but refuses to sync with my iPhone 15 Pro Max. It goes as far as "backing up" and then stops. Everything is fully updated. Help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 13, 2023 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2024 7:33 AM

I have an iPhone 15 Pro - 512 GB and I also have problems Syncing my iPhone with iTunes on a Windows 10 pc.

After several call sessions with Apple support (started begin december) they told me I will have to wait for an update which should solve the problem. Funny remark from Apple support was that the issue needs to be important enough before it gets in one off the following updates. So what I will be waiting till summer? Come on Apple!

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2024 7:33 AM in response to Solo3121

I have an iPhone 15 Pro - 512 GB and I also have problems Syncing my iPhone with iTunes on a Windows 10 pc.

After several call sessions with Apple support (started begin december) they told me I will have to wait for an update which should solve the problem. Funny remark from Apple support was that the issue needs to be important enough before it gets in one off the following updates. So what I will be waiting till summer? Come on Apple!

Jan 15, 2024 12:02 PM in response to marteed

Since I posted two comments in the community on the issue that my iPhone 15 Pro - 512 GB doesn't sync anymore with iTunes on my Windows 10 pc, I get now and than new comments on the subject in my email. I even earned points on my comment. Unfortunately I still have no solution for the problem. Everybody is suggesting all kind of work arounds but no real solution. What happened with the vision of Steve Jobs: "It just works!". I bought myself for € 1.600,00 a state of the art iPhone with 512 GB to load my music and pictures as I please.

Why? Because I'm not a CLOUD kind of guy. What's the use of selling devices like iPhone and iPad with up to 1 TB of memory if you can't sync content to it? So instead of given me points dear Apple, provide us with a solution so that I can say: "My state of the art iPhone 15 Pro, IT JUST WORKS!"

Dec 30, 2023 10:07 AM in response to Solo3121

I picked up a Pro Max on Sunday and I have yet to get it to sync on any of my computers. It stays stuck on step 2 of 4 "preparing to sync". I've left it for 5, 6 and 8 hours and nothing happens. I may just return it if I can't sync it. No point in having 1TB of space if I can't put anything on it. My 12 Pro Max still works fine.

Jan 26, 2024 6:36 PM in response to rtln

I'm having this problem on my new iPhone 15 Pro as well. I'm using an iMac desktop running Ventura 13.3.1. Trying to sync to iTunes is just not happening. It stalls before I can even get to the sync button which is whited out.

I have tried to find the "MDCrashReportTool.exe" or Mac equivalent in the Activity monitor without luck. I have years and years of iTunes music in dozens of folders on my iMac with selected ones on my iPhone. Now I can't get into iTunes to change or update my music. I'm really angry.

Jan 29, 2024 4:55 AM in response to heatherprince

The sync over WiFi option is in iTunes. It’s a checkbox on the first summary page of you iPhone but you have to have the phone plugged in first to select it (obviously). In later OS they moved it to the finder but you can find it easy in the Music app under summary and select “sync settings”. That will open your phone in a finder window also.

I noticed above you were having problems with iTunes, did you get those straightened out? Restart the machine first. I had been having some issues as well but that seemed to help.

iTunes refuses to sync with iPhone 15 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.