You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deregister iMessage on iPhone doesn’t work, deregistering iMessage online is not possible - missing country dial code!

I moved from iPhone to Samsung and I still have my iPhone with me. I turned off iMessage and FaceTime with my sim card in my iPhone and registered to my home cellular network.

Messages settings screenshot:

FaceTime:

Now I tried to send a regular sms from my iPhone to my wife’s iPhone and I asked her to send me some reply for every SMS. She received all my green bubble sms-es and she replied on each of them, but I never received any sms from her on my iPhone:

But then I checked my Macbook and all of her replies were there:

Screen shot of my iMessages still showing on my Macbook and never received as SMS on an iPhone:

Why Apple keeps my phone number registered for iMessage and FaceTime? I was on my cellular network when I switched off iMessage and FaceTime!

I can't reach Apple on their support phone line! I am not receiving any messages from iPhone users on my Android phone! This is extremely frustrating! Then I also tried to make a deregistration online, but in their online form they don’t have my country Slovenia on their list at all, so I can't deregister my phone number online:

My clients send me text messages that I never receive and I am loosing their confidence by not replying on time, since I am their software developer on contract. I never thought Apple is so hard on people switching from iMessage to regular sms messages.

Can anyone suggest any solution? Thank you.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 14, 2023 1:36 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Deregister iMessage on iPhone doesn’t work, deregistering iMessage online is not possible - missing country dial code!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.