iphone 15 plus battery draining after ios 17.2.1 update

Recently I updated to 17.2.1. After that battery drain is very fast. 13% battery drained after a 56 min screen time.

I even uninstalled social media apps like Instagram. After noticing it. Even after that the situation is same.

It is noted that the update actually fixed battery drain problems in other regions. Should I roll back to 17.1.2?

iPhone 15 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 22, 2023 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2024 12:07 AM

Very strange that such an expensive phone is required to switch off many features to survive battery. They should recall and give proper replacements. Such remedies are unacceptable

10 replies

Dec 23, 2023 12:12 PM in response to manikandan_io

Have you tried also to deactivate Bluetooth to see if there is some device that stays connected and drain energy so fast?

Another thing is to check screen luminosity to see if for some reason is now at the maximum level.

In your battery activity are there no clue about it?

You can also try Mail in manual mode, so there is no activity unless you click on the app. And check Whatsapp automatic download backup, and reduce any activity unless you click on it.

I have no other idea at the moment.

Dec 22, 2023 10:40 PM in response to manikandan_io

iOS updates generally aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. Battery drain issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

This seems purely coincidental so please check the Setting on your device. Prolong and Maximise Battery Performance … - Apple Community

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

Apr 1, 2024 3:15 PM in response to manikandan_io

I was using an old 12 Pro Max and was told at the Apple store this phone had longer battery life. It is worse than my 3 year old phone’s battery was. This 15 plus is less than two weeks old and I can’t get 12 hours out of this battery. No wonder Verizon is giving out these phones for free. I’m with ATT and just spent $1,100 on a piece of crap. I’m fuming!

iphone 15 plus battery draining after ios 17.2.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.