Sonoma and Screenshots, no longer appear on the desktop where I have them set to save

When I select capture, you can see it as it starts to save, and then it disappears, it is not on my desktop, where I have it set, It is no where else. Trying to figure a work around, if I have a document, I can paste, but if I want it to appear somewhere where it won't paste to, like constant contact, it cannot.

iMac 27″

Posted on Dec 24, 2023 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2023 12:23 PM

I'm sorry that doesn't help me. I've done all of that, save them to my desktop and they disappear after you see the floating thumbnail. I know how to change where they go, so for the moment, I've set it to documents and they do seem to go there, but I want them on my desktop, and they do not appear. I've made a folder for screenshots, but that doesn't work either. And it only happened when I downloaded Sonoma, I think it's a Sonoma operating system thing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2023 12:23 PM in response to rkaufmann87

I'm sorry that doesn't help me. I've done all of that, save them to my desktop and they disappear after you see the floating thumbnail. I know how to change where they go, so for the moment, I've set it to documents and they do seem to go there, but I want them on my desktop, and they do not appear. I've made a folder for screenshots, but that doesn't work either. And it only happened when I downloaded Sonoma, I think it's a Sonoma operating system thing.

Sonoma and Screenshots, no longer appear on the desktop where I have them set to save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.