Iphone 15 battery health drain after IOS 17.2.1 update

So I recently purchased an iPhone 15 three months ago and ever since I have been using battery optimization charging on my phone and I always charge my phone, in between 20 to 80% I usually charge my phone two times a day with an average screen time of 5-6 hours also I've turned off background app refresh and I never downloaded any games on my phone. But after the IOS 17.2 .1 update my phone battery is draining quite fast and my battery health has dropped to 99%. Now I have switched my charging mode from optimize charging to 80% charging limit also I try to charge my phone only once in a day. Also I'm facing overnight battery drain on my phone. Also I've noticed that when I use cellular network my battery drains fast as compared to when I'm using my wifi. I'm quiet scared because I have seen people are facing such type of issues after this update and there situation is a lot worse than mine. I am scared to use my phone properly because I think I will lose more battery health. What can I do to preserve my battery health and to slow down battery drain

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 26, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2024 7:53 PM

I purchased an iPhone 15 recently and the battery draining is horrible.

i have had 3 replacements but the draining still horrible.

my battery can drain up to 50% in about 2 hours with barely use of the phone.

what Apple is doing to fix this battery issues?

Similar questions

15 replies

Jan 1, 2024 11:12 AM in response to aryanramola

I found a solution for iphone 15 battery drain out issue.

I noticed “hotspot” was turned on and also “Call on other devices” post update.

1. I turned off hotspot by going to settings —— hotspot and switch toggle to off

2. settings ——— cellular——— turn off call on other devices.

in addition make sure your bluetooth is off when not in use. Make sure to turn off through settings and not just from control panel. Settings —— Bluetooth—— turn toggle to off.

this has immensely helped me with iphone battery drain issue and my iphone is holding the charge all day despite me playing games and spending lots of time on social media. Hope this helps

Dec 26, 2023 1:26 PM in response to aryanramola

Most iPhones will drop to 99% in one or two months. Count your blessings that it has only dropped to 99% after 3 months.

You are not, however, using a best practice for preserving your battery; you are following some widely stated but incorrect internet memes. What you are doing actually prevents optimized charging from doing its job; if you want to micromanage charging turn off optimized charging.

The absolute best way to get maximum use on a charge, as well as slow the decline of battery capacity long term is to enable Optimized Battery Charging (Settings/Battery/Battery Health) and charge the device overnight, every night. The battery will fast charge to 80%, then pause. During the nighttime pause the phone will use mains power instead of battery power, allowing the battery to “rest”, and thus reducing the need to charge the battery quite as often. The phone will resume charging to reach 100% when you are ready to use your phone; it will “learn” your usage pattern. If you enable iCloud Backup (Settings/[your name]/iCloud - iCloud Backup) the phone will back up overnight also, assuring that you can never lose more than the current day’s updates. Here's more information→About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone - Apple Support

May 30, 2024 4:44 PM in response to bula273

Wish I had seen your comments before I bought mine. I bought it a couple of days ago and the battery drainage is ridiculous. I have background refresh turned off and I close all apps when I’m not using it and I cannot make it a day with fairly average usage. It is not much better than my three-year-old 12 mini.

Iphone 15 battery health drain after IOS 17.2.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.