why did my weather app default to wind map

my weather map used to default to precipitation , now it defaults to wind. how do I change it back?

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Dec 27, 2023 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2024 7:57 PM

My iPhone 11 started defaulting to the wind map, too. I can change to precipitation but it won’t stick between closing and next opening.

13 replies

Feb 29, 2024 9:03 AM in response to kmo170

I did some research on this recently. From what I found you can change it on your iPhone or iPad. Start the weather app, press on the radar, press the stack icon (upper right corner, lower icon) and you’ll get the option to make the change and press “done”. I’ve noticed it doesn’t instantly take and become the default. My default didn’t change until I checked the next morning. Sadly, Apple’s iOS has continually gotten more buggy over time ever since Craig F. took the helm of the software division. There are so many issues/bugs and lack of “attention to detail” that seem to worsen yearly. It’s a bummer they can’t get it together. 

Mar 15, 2024 4:50 PM in response to Nick__82

Hey Nick_82, it appears to me that the map changes randomly. I've experienced one of my locations changing  from wind and precipitation. You would think there would be an option to choose. The app was much better when Apple first purchased that original company that built it. 

I agree with you, sloppy is a good way to say it too. There are so many other issues with this iOS. Very frustrating.

May 19, 2024 12:01 AM in response to Nick__82

I gave up on this app before even beginning to use it. I’m in Australia and the government meteorological app (BoM) is excellent. I noticed when comparing it to Apple’s Weather app, there were major discrepancies. Having looked again today, nothing’s changed. Ironically, Apple claims to source their data from BoM!? If that’s the case, why is everything wrong. I also can’t get precipitation to stick as the default. I think Apple wants to be everything to everyone but it ain’t working. Things just seem to get worse.

why did my weather app default to wind map

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.