Music added on my iPhone 15 pro are not shown on iTunes

When I connect my iPhone 15 pro to iTunes and click on iPhone music it says "no items" (see photo), although there are many songs on the iPhone. and I can’t find the “sync library” feature on my iPhone to enable it and my account is greyed out on iTunes as shown in the pic.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Dec 29, 2023 6:43 AM

5 replies

Jan 2, 2024 2:38 AM in response to MariamKhaled17

You're getting that message because the phone has been synchronised with a different iTunes Library.

Since Apple's devices can only be synchronised with one library at a time, when you synchronise with a different one iTunes will remove everything that had been added from the previous iTunes and add only what is in the current library. Hence the message that you see.

So the question is; is the current library (the one shown in the screenshot) on the same computer, but the computer has been re-built or repaired, or is it a different computer?

• if it's the same computer, that has been re-built or repaired, then as long as the library contains everything that was in it previously, you can tap the Remove and Sync button. iTunes will then remove all the media and put back the same media, but from the re-built library
    • if it's a different computer, it needs to have all your music etc. in it before you try to synchronise the phone with it. One method is to copy the media (music, videos etc.) from the old computer to the new one and then add it to the new iTunes library. Note that the media on the phone will not be copied back to iTunes

If you no longer have access to your old library, let us know and we can discuss how to proceed from there.

Music added on my iPhone 15 pro are not shown on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.