Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Apple Watch dead on arrival

I have received my new Apple Watch series 8 dead. Whenever i am trying to turn it on it is showing cable with red indicator, even if I put it on charge it is showing cable with green indicator. I change it for 30-40 min, it is showing same issue. Please suggest any solution apart from service centre .

Posted on Dec 31, 2023 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2023 3:45 AM

You will need to leave it on the charger for several hours. The battery is completely dead and will need a lot of time to start charging. Or if you are near the retailer you purchased from you can return it for an exchange.

2 replies

May 26, 2024 8:55 PM in response to Tushar_07

I am very perplexed with the situation with Apple watch battery being absolutely dead when you receive a new one. We went to the store to buy a Series 9 Apple watch which should have been a great experience as it is a birthday present, but instead we sat for hours waited for 2 watches to start up charging after a good length of time. We purchased the original then was asked if they could set it up. I thought why not while I am in store. The watch came out and the battery was dead, I mean really dead. It did not charge so we got another one. The same thing was happening so was advised that maybe we could go for a walk and come back when it was charged. Funnily enough once we sat down to have a cuppa the phone rang to advise us that the watch literally started as we left. A bit dodgy to me. Anyway we had one of the mangers helping me set up the watch which took a few minutes. Why did I have to go through all that to then get the watch going and walk out of the shop three hours later. Surely you would not have someone with a new Ipad or phone have a battery that is dead when they get it? What if I did not want to set it up in store but at home and opened it to find a problem like we had? Go back to the store which is not close to home to go through the hassle of getting a new one. This was supposed to be a nice adventure that was spoilt. Apple is a good product as I have a phone and Ipad plus a laptop. It really is unacceptable.

Apple Watch dead on arrival

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.