Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Show Album/Song/Artist names in their original language

Is there a way for Apple Music to display names of songs/albums/artists in their original language?

I live in Canada so my Apple ID is of course Canadian. I use apps and iOS in English, because it makes sense most of the time. I understand Chinese and Japanese.

Apple please give us a toggle to display album/song/artist names in their original language. I know it’s localized to device language, it’s not about the Apple ID region or Apple ID language settings. If I flip my device language settings (to Chinese Simplified for example) the names in Apple Music will (comically) slowly transition to Chinese over a few weeks. The meta data is all there in Apple Music’s online database; it’s just not possible for me to decide if I want to use a language I speak.

As I see it there are three options Apple can do:

1. A toggle to always display songs/albums/artists in their original name. This seems easy and doable; we just need some empathy from the Apple Music team to see the necessity for it
  2. An option to set languages you want to see in Apple Music, ranking from most preferred to least preferred, falling back to device language
  3. At least allow us to toggle per-app language settings for Apple Music on the device.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Jan 1, 2024 11:41 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Show Album/Song/Artist names in their original language

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.