Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Vertical Screen Discoloration MacBook Pro '20

Out of nowhere, I seem to not be able to get rid of this discolouration on my screen. It is driving me absolutely nuts.

Working on a 12-Inch 2020, Apple M1

Does anybody have any advice on getting rid of this weird side section? I don't believe it to be a hardware issue, there is no damage to the computer but I am ultimately unsure of the cause.

Cheers team ✌️

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Jan 1, 2024 1:31 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 1, 2024 6:05 PM in response to JossBiggins

I don't see any vertical lines in your photo, but I do see a horizontal band at the top of the photo. Maybe you should have rotated the picture before posting it. You can easily do this from your iPhone/iPad using the following instructions...I assume Android has something similar:

https://www.iphonelife.com/blog/5/tip-day-how-rotate-photo

Take a screenshot within macOS. Then view the picture on another device to see if the vertical band shows up in the screenshot. If you try to view the screenshot on the same computer, then make sure to slide the picture to the right so that you are viewing that region of the picture on a clear portion of the screen. If you do not see the vertical band in the screenshot, then you have a hardware issue with the LCD Panel of that computer which will need to be repaired.

Vertical Screen Discoloration MacBook Pro '20

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.