You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud very slow with Windows 11. Windows Search problem??

I recently updated Windows 10 to Windows 11 22h2 and now I have a problem with Icloud.

If I navigate through the folders with File Explorer using the left column everything works fine.

If I navigate between folders with the main window I have to wait 8/10 seconds to open one.

The same time it takes to open a simple text file of a few kilobytes.

I have a high-performance PC with I5-14600 32GB RAM DDR6 NVMO Samsung Pro and 1GB internet connection

The Icloud folder is set to "Keep files on this device" so all files are local and not in the cloud

I then thought that the problem might be the lack of indexing of Windows Search.

I then noticed that if I customize the folders to be indexed in the settings of Windows Search, the "c:\users\Antonio\IcloudDrive" folder does not appear in the list.

The folder obviously exists and if I check its properties it is also flagged "Allow content indexing"

What could be the problem?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 7, 2024 12:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2024 12:09 PM

Omg I found a workaround. When you turn off photos sync iCloud Drive start to work slowly. And when I turned it on it's work fast.

Apple, please fix it.

5 replies

Jan 9, 2024 12:50 PM in response to Ale5ander

I tried to update to Windows 11 23H2 but without resolution.

I realized that the problem is exclusively File Explorer.

In fact, if I try to open a file via an application, Excel for example, navigation between folders and opening files is immediate.

So it's not the fault of Windows Search indexing.

I think there is a compatibility problem between the Icoud application and Windows 11 File Explorer and therefore Apple should resolve the problem

Icloud very slow with Windows 11. Windows Search problem??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.