Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Apple Remote Desktop ; Reconnecting spins but never connects

I use ARD to connect to several system. This particular system is in a Data Center. I have connected to systems there before without any trouble, however, it is quite difficult to get there to do anything in person.

When the system is rebooted, I have no problem connecting to it. After I disconnect from that system, the next time I try to connect it gives me the: Connecting to "ComputerName"...

and it never connects.

One difference I've noticed is, when I log out from that system (the only time I can see the login screen, which freezes) it shows in the upper left corner, next to the Red,Yellow,Green dots: Locked

My other systems do not say that.

I had the system rebooted and logged in, checked everything I could in system settings to 'unlock' anything I could (auto-lock screen, etc...). No luck, it still leaves me locked out after I disconnect. The only way in is to have somebody reboot it again.

ARD is at version 3.9.7 (1B39) and the client I am connecting to is on Ventura.

Any ideas I could try (short of re-installing everything) would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jan 8, 2024 8:44 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Apple Remote Desktop ; Reconnecting spins but never connects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.