Wpa2 password required

Nothing I try works! I’ve entered both WiFi and Mac password. Watched so many videos and read so many articles. It’s been 24 hrs. Can someone please help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Jan 12, 2024 5:03 PM

8 replies

Jan 12, 2024 7:03 PM in response to shinoy144

shinoy144 wrote:

I am certain it is mine

Delete the Wi-Fi network in macOS Settings. Delete all add-on VPN clients. Restart the Wi-Fi router. While you're logged into the Wi-Fi router to reset the password there, also check the Wi-Fi router firmware version and update that to current, and also check which WPA2 mode is configured on the Wi-Fi router. Usual choice would be WPA2 AES PSK pre-shared key, but WPA2 enterprise is also possible and is also probably not what you want. Then after restarting the Mac (directly or into Safe Mode as suggested above), re-add the Wi-Fi network there.

Jun 11, 2024 3:51 PM in response to bushturk

bushturk wrote:

just looking at this 5 months down the track with the same problem.turns out it is the main router password it wants and not the wi-fi password

There's no reason for any local app or tool to be looking for the Wi-Fi router password, unless the tool itself is specifically for remote management of the Wi-Fi router itself.

Wpa2 password required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.