Autocorrect has gone sloppy

Is this another iOS 17 bug? Autocorrect used to be quite accurate. Now it’s not nearly as good at guessing what I intended to enter. Also trying to tap to insert the cursor, 90% of the time selects a word and won’t quit, just selects it over and over. I have to go down to the spacebar and situate the cursor that way.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 12, 2024 9:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2024 12:18 PM

So many people cannot be wrong. I noticed the issue in iOS 14 and it has gotten progressively worse. 17’s autocorrect almost makes me want to turn it off. It’s as if it has forgotten all previous words I have used. If I get to the point where I have to turn it off. I’m going Android. It’s not any better but they don’t charge a premium price claiming to be better.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2024 12:18 PM in response to SravanKrA

So many people cannot be wrong. I noticed the issue in iOS 14 and it has gotten progressively worse. 17’s autocorrect almost makes me want to turn it off. It’s as if it has forgotten all previous words I have used. If I get to the point where I have to turn it off. I’m going Android. It’s not any better but they don’t charge a premium price claiming to be better.

Jan 29, 2024 5:05 PM in response to SravanKrA

This is definitely an issue which appeared with the latest update. Three reasons 1) issue appeared right after updating , 2) the same issue happened on a family member’s phone around the same time, 3) the issue is happening in different languages. It is so terrible that suggestions are proposing words that don’t even exist or which are grammatically incorrect. Over to you Apple to fix this, otherwise we are all better off turning off autocorrect.

Jan 12, 2024 10:19 PM in response to Ann ER

iOS updates generally aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. Autocorrect issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

This seems purely coincidental so please check the Setting on your device. How to use Auto-Correction and predictive text on your ...

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

Autocorrect has gone sloppy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.