Post IOS 17.2.1 Update - Email Not Working

Post the 17.2.1 IOS update last night 13/01/24, I do not have any emails cached since the 06/01/24. I have also tried to send a test email and so far it hasn’t arrived - so it looks like this IOS update has really messed up my email! Anyone aware if Apple have a resolution to this! Thanks

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 14, 2024 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2024 12:33 PM

My email inbox has just gone blank, not even able to access the email accounts.

33 replies

Jan 24, 2024 7:53 PM in response to Ken_manzel

After the iOS 17.2.1 update, I received pop ups telling me to enter my outlook.com email account password again and again. I have deleted and reconnected my outlook.com email account three times today. Some times it comes back online; other times, it does not. All this happened after my iPhone updated last night to 17.2.1

This is very troubling as all of my contacts are connected to that email account, and I can no longer use my phone to make calls to my contacts without using my computer to look up the telephone number.

Jan 21, 2024 5:55 AM in response to ZE_LUIS

Hi all. I was having this exact problem since the update and I tried the suggestion from Nishinai. Thank you so much it worked. This seems to be an added level of security put in at the update and turning this on made all my folders come back immediately without all the mess of

removing and reinstalling the Mail app. Thank you very much nishinai

Jan 16, 2024 9:52 AM in response to Ken_manzel

Okay, I seem to have gotten my work exchange email back to the original operation. I had to delete it completely and reinstall it, which is a pain because it took so long to go through my entire work email (including sent, and deleted emails -- didn't realize how many of those I had).

Anyway, after trying all the other suggestions I contacted our own IT department and that was their suggestion. Seems to be working today.

Good luck to everyone!

Jan 28, 2024 4:30 PM in response to Harry_kharris

I still have no resolution. I cant access my emails after the update and a scheduled password reset. I saw Nishinai suggestion and my devices is already at "Allow." IOS sends a message back to me saying "Unable to verify account name or password." I can get into my Outlook acounts on line. Any other suggestions. Like jarkko274 it is MS Exchange.

Jan 15, 2024 12:05 AM in response to Harry_kharris

iOS updates generally aim to enhance user experience, boost security, and fix bugs rather than disrupt core features. Email issues after updates might stem from underlying, unmentioned factors. Updates won't typically alter personal data but may refine settings or features. Backup before major updates for safety. Review Apple's update details and backup advice for a smooth process.

This seems purely coincidental so please check the Setting on your device.

See what each update does: About iOS 17 Updates, About iOS 16 Updates, About iOS 15 Updates, About iOS 14 Updates, About iOS 13 Updates, About iOS 12 Updates, and so on...

Jan 15, 2024 12:04 AM in response to Harry_kharris

Here are some things you can try if your email isn't working after the iOS 17.2.1 update: 

• Refresh the mail app: Open the mail app and pull down to refresh the page three to four times.
  • Check your internet connection: Open a browser and try to load a website. If it doesn't load, try turning on airplane mode for 10 seconds and then turning it back off. You can also try switching from Wi-Fi to mobile data or vice versa.
  • Offload the app: Open Settings, scroll down, tap General, and then tap iPhone Storage.
  • Reset your iPhone settings: Go to Settings, tap General, scroll up to find Transfer or Reset iPhone, and tap Reset. Then, tap Reset All Settings, confirm, and wait one to two minutes.
  • Check your email address and password
  • Check your Mail Fetch and Notification settings
  • Contact your email provider or system administrator
  • Remove and re-add your email account: Go to Settings, tap Passwords & Accounts, find your email account, and tap Delete Account. Then, tap Add Account and follow the prompts to re-add your email account.

Post IOS 17.2.1 Update - Email Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.