copy a playlist from Music app to my iphone

I want to upload music files from my iMac to my iPhone. A few years back it was so easy as drag and drop files. Now the iPhone doesn't show on the App.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jan 16, 2024 12:27 PM

2 replies

Apr 26, 2024 10:06 PM in response to Saxman

Well, I almost got there. Connected my iPhone to my Mac, clicked on it in Finder, then it said to click on the "Trust" button, and the one on my other device. Great, however, nothing happening when I did click it, except for the constantly spinning circle. And there was no "Trust" button anywhere on my phone! So I need to do this, but the instructions aren't helping, cause it's not working as it should, all too typical these days. So now what?

I guess I'll have to call Apple tomorrow, though I don't have time to blow, going through all the hoops, and maybe not even resolving the issue....

Apr 26, 2024 9:47 PM in response to juan carlos102

Why are there no real answers to all the people who have the very same issue? This used to be so simple, just as you said, simply drag and drop the song files, etc. I don't want my music synced, I just want to transfer some of them to my phone!!

That's why I don't want it synced, I just want to copy one songlist onto my phone, to use as backup on gigs I'm playing, for when my other Apple Devices screw up, and I need to use another. I can't believe the products that used to be so user-friendly and "intuitive" are now as buggy as Windows programs, and I don't see it improving as time goes on, and that's really sad... This should be SIMPLE, but it's not.

[Edited by Moderator]

copy a playlist from Music app to my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.