Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

What does Platco PR1 mean in Bluetooth connection options?

What does Platco PR1 mean in my Bluetooth connection options? What is the name of the device for this name?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 17, 2024 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2024 7:43 PM

Where exactly are you seeing this on your iPhone? Is it showing up at Settings > Bluetooth > MY DEVICES or OTHER DEVICES?

14 replies

Feb 1, 2024 6:13 PM in response to deric64

I found one post at the Quora forum where someone used a Bluetooth detector where Platco PR1 came up with the first three octets of the associated MAC address of B4:CB:B8.

From there I used the Wireshark OUI Lookup Tool to find out what organization has been assigned those octets ... and it came out to be: Universal Electronics, Inc. They specialize in a variety of areas, including entertainment controls, smart home controls, & climate management devices. Chances are there is one of those nearby when you see this on your iPhone.

Feb 6, 2024 2:37 AM in response to Tesserax

mine keeps showing up in My Devices As well as and OBTC device. I have been asking The Father of my children about this for years finally said screw it im putting internet and mobile in my name He was completely “cool” with it well… here we are 6 months later and a job change from his auto parts sales management Job to Charter Communications Sales Associate on his insist And the Fact we get everything pretty much free for him being An Employee and it’s all happening again…

Feb 6, 2024 2:39 AM in response to Jaggedhat205

mine keeps showing up in My Devices As well as and OBTC device. I have been asking The Father of my children about this for years finally said screw it im putting internet and mobile in my name He was completely “cool” with it well… here we are 6 months later and a job change from his auto parts sales management Job to Charter Communications Sales Associate on his insist And the Fact we get everything pretty much free for him being An Employee and it’s all happening again

What does Platco PR1 mean in Bluetooth connection options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.