You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hookup Now - iPhone Calendar Spam Invite

Woke up this morning to see I had 6 weeks of spam calendar invitations, “Don’t tell my BF I sent you these pictures” by Hookup Now. There was an email address link along with the usual Accept/Decline options.

After I couldn’t find them in my subscribed calendars to delete I looked through my junk email folders to try find the address that was on there, found an email I received in the early hours of this morning. Thinking it’s one of those instances where it’s automatically pulled through from an email.

Without opening the email I’ve deleted it and removed it from the bin. I’ve seen online to not click decline on these kind of things as it lets the scammers know the email address was right, do you think they would be notified that I’ve deleted the unread email?

Also if anyone has any experience with this, are there any more next steps to complete?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Jan 20, 2024 11:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2024 12:08 AM

Not sure if I’m allowed to post links but I found the solution on Reddit:

In the iPhone calendar on the day where the invite appears on the list: select the spam invite and hold it down. A pop up screen will appear then click Copy. Exit out of the pop up and re select the same invite and hold it down. Then click on Cut. That will remove all the invites.

Similar questions

36 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 21, 2024 12:08 AM in response to jambob500

Not sure if I’m allowed to post links but I found the solution on Reddit:

In the iPhone calendar on the day where the invite appears on the list: select the spam invite and hold it down. A pop up screen will appear then click Copy. Exit out of the pop up and re select the same invite and hold it down. Then click on Cut. That will remove all the invites.

Jan 21, 2024 9:11 AM in response to nasima35

I was on a phone call today with Apple Chat and they told me to hit decline because they wanted to see what happened. It turns out that was from my outlook junk mail. I removed the outlook calendar from my iPad (who uses that anyway?!), changed my passwords, did a security check, blocked the email it came from and deleted it. Apple walked me though the whole process and now I’m not too worried. I was though, because my kids use this iPad.

Jan 22, 2024 3:30 PM in response to AppleOlivia2024

Hello! This worked a treat in that it declined without alerting the scammers and for a brief second the circles all went from my calendar but then reappeared as a "Cancelled" event. If I go to delete this event I get a pop up saying it will notify the invitees that its has been deleted so kinda stuck. I can't locate the event in my outlook - any thoughts?

Hookup Now - iPhone Calendar Spam Invite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.