Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

My iPhone 12 mini's battery drains too fast after iOS 17.3 update

Battery drains so fast after ios 17.2.1 to 17.3 at iphone 12 mini, it was a nightmare at ios 17.2.1 about battery consumption, but now after 17.3 it waste battery even when screen is off, also background services closed, i can't understand why it is so inefficient after those upgrades, nobody knows how to fix it for real, my batt is at 85% life span, half morning use and running at 60% after 2 hours normal use, before should be at 80-85% use.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Jan 24, 2024 11:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2024 7:57 AM

Mine is iPhone 15 pro max.. Normally my whole day usage lasted me a day with only 46% left by end of the day... After updating to ios 17.3.. Drained out til 25% before 6pm..

42 replies

Jan 25, 2024 11:11 AM in response to elpow

Here also a bad experience with the battery of my iPhone 13 with 100% battery health. I'm going to sleep 12pm with 100% battery and when I wake up at 8am it's at 92%. Before in this same situation I woke up with at least 98% often it is still at 100%. I was able to see now in iOS 17.3 that at night without any use what consumes the most energy by the graph is the "find my". Would he be the great villain of battery consumption?

Jan 25, 2024 5:20 PM in response to elpow

I have an iPhone 15 pro and I’m very picky about battery life. I don’t use my phone much, my screen on time average is 1:30 to 2 hrs a day, and I’d get 46 to 48 hrs going from 80% to 15% before iOS 17.3. Now, after updating and using it the same way It goes from 80% to 15% in 25 hours, so basically half the battery life with the same use.

Jan 26, 2024 1:36 AM in response to elpow

Maybe solved.

After a forced reboot yesterday evening and a full charge in night, from this morning 7.00 am to now 10.30 am, with normal usage of (for me), battery is at 77% of charge. More or less a normal drain. Yesterday at this time battery was 35/40% in constant decreasing.

Hoping this will help

Jan 26, 2024 10:57 AM in response to elpow

Absolutely the same experienced as the OP on my personal iPhone 12 mini. But have the same effect too on my work phone which is a big iPhone 12 which has always had a much better battery.

My contract is up soon so I’ll definitely be looking at the market for better battery. It’s such a waste of time and natural resources to kill these phones so quickly.

My iPhone 12 mini's battery drains too fast after iOS 17.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.