Downtime and screen time not working for all apps

I have both screen time set up for app time limiting and downtime set up for daily ‘allowed times’ on my son’s iPhone 8. I am managing it from an iPhone 12 and both have up to date software. Generally it works well but there are some apps that don’t get blocked or limited - a handful of games and Reddit. You can see most get greyed out but not these. I believe all the settings are correct, they are definitely not in the ‘always allowed’ list and ‘block at end

of limit’ is set up but everything else gets limited except reddit and these games. Why is this and how can I block them during downtime/screentime.

Posted on Feb 3, 2024 9:09 PM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2024 3:40 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your response and help. For some reason, 24hrs later and the settings are taking effect. On the day, I had restarted phones and toggled on/off downtimes but nothing was working on specific apps - Reddit, Bloons TD6, Brawlstars and a couple

of other games. However I went back yesterday to try following your suggestions and identify the apps for you and all was well! No setting had been changed in the meantime, seems it just took time for some of the apps to adopt the restrictions. Alls well that ends well I guess. Thanks again.

Mar 26, 2024 1:52 PM in response to SravanKrA

hi! I have the same problem and struggling already for a month. Two kids. For one both devices - computer and phone screen time works, while for other one - doesn’t. Downtime works for random apps. Roblox never gets time limit, no matter what I do. I followed all the instructions already twice. Deleted screen time. Turned off. Started from my/parents device to set it all up. Nothing changes.

Downtime and screen time not working for all apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.