Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Vision Pro keeps crashing

I got since Friday 2 the new Apple Vision Pro. The thing is after a few hours of use, just with Disney Plus open and safari, in FB or amazon or another page, starts to refresh like crazy making the whole Vision Pro unusable, I try to open another apps and they don't even show up, I try to shut down in settings but the screen is over other screen making impossible to see the "Shut down" part. This happened maybe 4 or 5 times so far now...

Anyone are experiencing this kind of crashes or maybe its just me and my Vision Pro could be defective?

thanks in advance for the help. Have everyone a great week.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Feb 5, 2024 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2024 12:27 PM

I am having the same problem after 3 days of use, I used it for hours on the first day with no problem…I think the culprit here is safari with the use of meta apps/websites because I can squarely trace my similar problem as you have described it to logging into my instagram in safari on the second day.

i have also notice that when the loading/crash thing is happening, there is a lot of heat that comes out of the fan vents. It may be an overheating issue with the way safari runs meta scripts because after safari crashes, the whole device becomes unstable until it is reset.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2024 12:27 PM in response to HenryMelkor

I am having the same problem after 3 days of use, I used it for hours on the first day with no problem…I think the culprit here is safari with the use of meta apps/websites because I can squarely trace my similar problem as you have described it to logging into my instagram in safari on the second day.

i have also notice that when the loading/crash thing is happening, there is a lot of heat that comes out of the fan vents. It may be an overheating issue with the way safari runs meta scripts because after safari crashes, the whole device becomes unstable until it is reset.

Feb 6, 2024 3:21 AM in response to HenryMelkor

I’ve got the same thing happening I get reports on the tracking being blocked in yet nothing is near the vision glasses and the lights are on. Then the windows become unstable, get shaky and crash. All of them. Safari crashes constantly cannot support itself and the webpages. It also can’t support VPN’s running with Safari. This thing is mostly unusable. It’s cool and fun but it’s mostly unusable. I don’t know what everybody’s talking about. You can put windows up everywhere and it crashes every 20 minutes or so you can’t keep using it because the in the top and it gets unstable. Personally, I got a wonder if the people that designed this thing actually usePersonally, I got a wonder if the people that designed this thing actually use it. Why would you put constant notices up in your field of vision that is just dumb. For instance, the main control board that you look up to get is like right in the center of your vision half the time during a movie every time you move your eyes during a movie it’s pulling up screen to pull down the menu it’s annoying. Also, why is the screen size so limited when you’re watching a movie you should be able to make the screen any size you want and it should be able to wrap around you if you want too. Anyways, mine might be super buggy and I just got a bad unit like these other people don’t know returning it to Apple.

Feb 10, 2024 10:39 AM in response to HenryMelkor

I have had the same problem.

After a few hours of use, Apps including Safari crash repeatedly(every 3-5min), Bluetooth constantly disconnects my AirPods, the interface jumps and jitters like crazy, and the whole interfaces crashes back to the Apple logo multiple times per hour. Generally all the behavior you would expect from a semiconductor that is overheating.

I'll keep trying, but if the issue persists I *will* be returning it before the pathetic Apple 14 return window.

Feb 10, 2024 11:28 AM in response to Platypus4

Platypus4 wrote:

Hello HenryMelkor!

I try to shut down in settings but the screen is over other screen making impossible to see the "Shut down" part.

Because of this, you should force restart your Apple Vision Pro.

If the issue persists, contact the Official Apple Support.

I hope this helps!

This is a completely useless, unhelpful, nearly AI level comment.

Feb 6, 2024 5:34 AM in response to Mhayos2002

Hello Mhayos2002!

Anyways, mine might be super buggy and I just got a bad unit like these other people don’t know returning it to Apple.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing these issues, but because you bought Vision Pro right after its release, there will be many bugs. All these issues are not happening because it's a bad unit, it is simply because this is the first version of visionOS, and Apple still is waiting for bug reports so they can solve them immediately. Next time you experience an issue, simply contact the Official Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Feb 14, 2024 1:06 AM in response to HenryMelkor

I notice when my battery is plugged in, the pack is very hot. After a couple hours of use, the windows start glitching, like there’s a rift in the matrix. As this happens, the apps either freeze or no longer track correctly with my eyes. I’m thinking this is an overheating issue, because it doesn’t seem to happen when I first start to use it.

Since I don’t see too many complaints about it, I wonder if I have a faulty unit. I imagine if this were a software bug, everyone would be going nuts.

Apple Vision Pro keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.