Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I remove iCloud mail from my Apple ID

I created an iCloud email account through the Settings>Apple ID >iCloud> icloud mail. Initially, I thought it would function like any other email service, such as Google or Yahoo. However, it's now integrated into various aspects like sign-in options, iMessage, and FaceTime. I find this bothersome, and I'm unable to remove it. Is there any way to delete or remove the iCloud mail account? Please kindly help

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Feb 6, 2024 2:01 PM

8 replies

Feb 6, 2024 6:39 PM in response to Fa123af

You didn't create an email address, you created a new and second and separate Apple ID, and you've created a new Apple ID with iCloud mail available.

It does function as a second email account, as well as the rest of what an Apple ID provides, including storage.

If you want rid of that second Apple ID, you'll want to delete the Apple ID. That's permanent.

Or you can reference the second Apple ID solely as an email account (via explicit SMTP and IMAP settings within Apple mail client) and use it. Various people have a second or third Apple ID—that second Apple ID was once required for some common configurations—and more than a few folks will have their primary Apple ID referencing their secondary Apple ID via an explicit mail SMTP and IMAP settings. Which is what I think you were seeking here?

Or you can ignore it for now, and leave it fallow for some future use.

Feb 6, 2024 2:07 PM in response to Fa123af

You're pretty much describing what is associated with an Apple ID, of which some Apple IDs will include email services hosted at Apple. You can transition the Apple ID email to a different mail service, or you can delete the Apple ID and its contents, or you can ignore the email, among other options. The Apple ID is how purchases, subscriptions, billing and shipping, and all the rest are associated with a person.

Apr 1, 2024 10:55 AM in response to Fa123af

I was able to come up with something. my husband needed to do the same thing because his original Cloud account email was loaded with spam. So we ended up changing his Apple ID to a gmail account, and then going into the mail app its self. At the top of the screen you can see th EDIT button, which allows you to uncheck the email you no longer wish to see. It won't delete it. I don't know why- but it won't show up in your mail app anymore.

I hope this helps? It won't delete the email, simply remove it from your upper list.

How can I remove iCloud mail from my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.