Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

iOS update 17.3.1

Does 17.3.1 provide any security patches or is it just bug fixes?

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 8, 2024 1:01 PM

8 replies

Feb 10, 2024 2:13 PM in response to Saegzz

I tried to update my iPhone 15 today to 17.3.1. When I clicked on the update icon, it asked me to enter my passcode which I did. The software message stated that I entered the wrong passcode (the same passcode I’ve used for years and with which I’ve never previously had a problem). After entering the same passcode 3 more times, the phone locked. I took it to an Apple Store and the tech recommended that I erase the phone contents or I’d be unable to access the phone again. I did so, signed back in and updated the phone from the cloud. However, I no longer have cellular service and it does not appear possible to reactivate my phone number. Any suggestions? Also, this should be a warning to others intending to download the 17.3.1 update.

iOS update 17.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.