Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hot after iOS 17.3.1 update and screen is unresponsive

I've just updated to the latest iOS 17.3.1 on my iPhone 13 Pro. Since the update, the phone is hot up the top left near the volume buttons and the screen is not responsive to taps or swipes.

I've tried:

Tapping the screen - non responsive

Swiping up - non responsive

Swiping down - non responsive

Long Hold - wants to call emergency number, screen is non-responsive

Request Siri to shut down / close iPhone - requires passcode, but screen is non-responsive

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Please help

EDIT: Help no longer required, below is the fix that worked for me:

Just did the up volume, down volume, long press side button and it restarted. Screen is now working and the temperature has dropped significantly.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Feb 10, 2024 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2024 5:29 AM

I had this happen this morning, but the reboot did not fix my screen.

I did plug it into my MacBook at the direction of Apple support, and the MacBook saw it in "DFU" mode. I was instructed to do a restore from here, I did that and it worked.... but now I'm tweaking everything like I just got a new phone again, re-adding cards to wallets, etc.

It's working though! iPhone 15 Pro max

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2024 5:29 AM in response to GCTFamily

I had this happen this morning, but the reboot did not fix my screen.

I did plug it into my MacBook at the direction of Apple support, and the MacBook saw it in "DFU" mode. I was instructed to do a restore from here, I did that and it worked.... but now I'm tweaking everything like I just got a new phone again, re-adding cards to wallets, etc.

It's working though! iPhone 15 Pro max

Feb 24, 2024 9:13 AM in response to GCTFamily

hi. woke up this morning to an apple update 17.3.1 and my screen was unresponsive, tried hard reset but no joy.

I have just spent 4 hours trying to sort it out, it kept boot looping when i put in DFU mode and reseting, tried on 2 computers. Eventually it downloaded and started to upload through iCloud. But all my apps are not there, it said that that the last iCloud back up was from 2am the previous night, shouldn't your phone go back to the last back up, apps settings and everything? I have lost a load of data in the apps, can't they be found?

I am at my witts end with this, thanks Steve

iPhone hot after iOS 17.3.1 update and screen is unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.