Mainstage Brian Li Auto Patch Advance Plug In Not Working

Mainstage Auto Advance Plug In Struggling

Hi! I'm playing in a show with a lot of patch changes, and it utilizes Brian Li's Mainstage Auto Advance Plug In. The only issue is I can't get it to work. I tried looking through the set up guide, I tried watching videos, and I tried messing around with the program. All of the Channels and Ports, and IAC Driver and Scripter seem to be there, and all of the Auto Advance Patches are all set up.

What I found was if I go to the auto advance patch change channel strip/scripter of say m46 *AA*, and I change the MIDI Output AUTO PATCH ADVANCE IAC Driver to none, and then switch back on to AUTO PATCH ADVANCE IAC Driver-- then when I play the designated note it works and changes the patch.

But when I go back to m46 *AA* and I play the designated note, the designated note no longer works and doesn't change patches.

Would anyone happen to know if there's a solution to this issue? I've been messing around with Mainstage and Audio MIDI Set up, but no luck aside from these few glimmers of hope. Thank you so much!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.2

Posted on Feb 14, 2024 9:39 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 12, 2024 7:21 AM in response to TimTam__

I was having the same problem all of a sudden in my existing concerts, and I seem to have found a solution after a lot of trial and error!

If your setup is correct according to the set up guide, try this:

1. In your existing Mainstage concert, click on the Auto Patch Advance channel strip
  2. Click on the 3 dots in the circle in the top right corner of the channel strips area (next to the +)
  3. Click 'Reset Channel Strip'
  4. Then load up the Synthworks Auto Patch Advance scripter again in the channel strip

This seemed to work for me! And still works after I save/reopen the concert.

No idea why though...

If you have your Auto Patch Advance channel strip aliased, you'll only have to do this once and it will fix all of the APAs throughout your concert.

Will just have to go through these steps in all my other saved concerts though. At least it still works.

Mainstage Brian Li Auto Patch Advance Plug In Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.