Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to unhide movie and TV purchases on latest Apple software?

I just noticed that with the latest iPad/iPhone and Mac software, it is no longer possible to unhide movies and TV shows that were previously hidden. On iPad/iPhone I go to Account Settings, select Hidden Purchases and it only refers to Apps, no movies or TV shows are even mentioned. On Mac when I do the same it opens the Music app and strangely the Purchased section in iTunes Store and says I don’t have any purchases (incorrect) and no mention of hidden movies and TV shows. I only noticed this yesterday and can’t find a solution, anyone else had the same problem and know how to access them? The latest Apple support article makes no mention of any changes here, but for me it doesn’t work at all.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Feb 14, 2024 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2024 1:09 PM

I just ran into this as well. I was trying to unhide an old tv show and there is no way to do it. If you go to account settings in the TV app on Mac, then click on hidden purchases, it opens music and you cannot access tv and movies. Glad to hear others are experiencing this and I'm not losing it.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2024 1:09 PM in response to lwd

I just ran into this as well. I was trying to unhide an old tv show and there is no way to do it. If you go to account settings in the TV app on Mac, then click on hidden purchases, it opens music and you cannot access tv and movies. Glad to hear others are experiencing this and I'm not losing it.

Feb 19, 2024 5:15 AM in response to lwd

I have the exact same bug since I've updated to MacOs 14.3.1 Sonoma. The day before I updated I didn"t have it.

Check my Apple Community Post and let me know through comments if you guys are experience the same thing?

I am hopeful that will Apple will fix this bug ASAP especially for the new update that will be coming 14.4

Special thanks Apple Community people.

🚨 MacOs 14.3.1 Sonoma Bug, Can't see or … - Apple Community

Mar 8, 2024 3:17 AM in response to lwd

100% 💯 Real ✅ Solution 👍 Hidden purchases for all 3 apps. Attention: All @Apple Support Communities

Link with screenshots: 🚨 MacOs 14.3.1 Sonoma Bug, Can't see or … - Apple Community

Check link it's a really a super easy solution, please let me know if you were able to get hidden purchases today.

Special thanks for everyone who is reading this for everyone that cares to help here at Apple Support Community.

lwd Taylor Swift Fan MJMirasola kranza Patrick6767

Feb 15, 2024 2:35 PM in response to Patrick6767

I can’t say exactly when it showed up, it’s a while since I’d tried to access hidden items, but whatever it is, it’s definitely impacting the latest versions of iOS, iPadOS and macOS. Come to think of it, yesterday I actually tried on an older device which was still on iOS 17.1, so not the latest, and it had the same problem. I’m wondering if it’s something general at Apple’s end which affects all accounts and software?

Feb 19, 2024 2:08 PM in response to lwd

I noticed this problem a week or two ago. First it was broken in one way (it wouldn't open the account window at all), then after the latest update it was broken in the way you describe, redirecting to music. So while the problem may go back to Sonoma itself (everything has gotten worse with Sonoma) it wasn't just this latest update alone.

But thank you for posting this, Apple or any sites that are supposed to cover Apple have not acknowledged this as far as I can tell and their support pages are as always out of date and wrong. Hopefully if this is a general problem they will fix it ASAP

How to unhide movie and TV purchases on latest Apple software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.