You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple launches new professional learning resources for teachers and expands global education grant program. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login with Any email on Macbooks Apple ID

I am part of my companies IT support, We are in the process of reclaiming all our domain emails as managed apple ID's, to help users, I have one to ones with them to help them transfer the data of already in use business emails so they can be released and then converted to a managed ID.(process- login to https://appleid.apple.com/sign-in, transfer using an email I have created, signing out of the device and then signing in to their laptops apple ID with the now federated email)

This side of the process although troublesome, does work, however after successfully helping 20 users convert to a managed ID, I have 2 users so far (I have paused the process while I figure this out) that when they try and login with ANY email, either a managed or unmanaged even personal email they get "Verification failed" or "authentication failed" doesn't even ask for a password for the unmanaged accounts.

I have gone through most tips i've found on the web, restarting, closing all apps, signing out of everything, changing time and date, restarting routers, disabling VPNs, deleting keychain data, deleting icloud account folder, Nothing works.

Ive asked users to create a separate user on their macbooks and then trying to login, and that works on both.

It's not making any sense, I can also login on my mac with any of the users.

This is causing a big disturbance for us as a business as its now preventing these users from login in even with apple developer accounts.

Apple support are basically pushing the fault to google, our identity provider, but that for me is impossible as clearly the login is working using another laptop user.

Any help would be appreciated, as clearly apple support don't really know what is happening.

I need to avoid reseting the hole laptop as the users have far too much set-up to go through to enable their development work.

Devices: MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)

OS: 14.3.1 (Build 23D60) updated machines to this as the previous isntaled OS had same issue

Regards

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Feb 20, 2024 3:33 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 23, 2024 12:55 AM in response to celliott147

Thanks for the reply, the issue here is I keep getting transferred from department to department (from Apple ID support, to apple business manager support to apple developer support), last time my call was taken over by a manager that was really pressing on google workspaces being the issue.

This issue does not happen only with Apple developer IDs, it happens with any ID we put in the machines.

Cannot login with Any email on Macbooks Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.