itunes library from cd downloads

Anyone got any thoughts on this? I've got a huge Itunes library from CDs i've purchased. The library is stored on an external drive, which I use via iTunes on a desktop Windows PC connected to my amplifier. For space reasons I need to get rid of my desktop PC but need something in the same room so I can still run iTunes via the amp. What's the best way to do this - buy a used laptop purely for iTunes? Or some kind of mini monitor? (i won't use it for anything else except for iTunes so reluctant to spend too much on it)

Posted on Mar 7, 2024 4:52 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 7, 2024 9:46 AM in response to darren dodd

darren dodd wrote:

Or some kind of mini monitor?

But surely a mini monitor is just that - a monitor? As such, it doesn't have an operating system, or if it does, it is will be something like the Raspberry Pi operating system, which will not run iTunes (or its successor).

If you have created your library from CDs that you've purchased, then you need iTunes, which means that you need Windows. As far as I know, any programme capable of handling your CD purchased music now that it's in digital form, will need a full-spec computer. Yes, a laptop, running Windows is (for the purposes of this discussion) a full-spec computer.

There are all-in-one desktop computers, but they tend to be expensive, something you mentioned as a negative point. An all-in-one computer has the computer built in to the screen casing, so the screen may be slightly bulkier than a conventional screen, and it will usually have a wireless keyboard and mouse. Overall, it will take up less room than a desktop.

Neither Tablets nor the Chromebook, or anything running ChromeOS are suitable. Mini monitors are designed to be used as an additional display for a computer, so again, not suitable.

The inevitable conclusion (I think) is a laptop (unless anyone else has any ideas that are practical).

itunes library from cd downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.