Emoji key switching to secondary language bug

[BUG] Keyboard switch when pressing the e… - Apple Community

What this guy is saying.

I also have iPhone 13 and an English language as secondary to my own. Every time you start or let's say reopen a message or start to write in any app, so basically every time the keyboard is first used the pressing of emoji key and then going back to keyboard with ABC it switches language. If it's my primary it goes to secondary and vice versa.

The language I use on my iPhone is English, as it is too hard for a multi billion company that is virtue signaling to care about minorities to localize at least the phone if not all the products and I use Slovenian as my primary language and have set an English as secondary keyboard language.

And before anyone offers the advice of sending a product feedback I regret to inform you I already did, multiple times. I did it for this bug and for Slovenian localization. It doesn't help.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 9, 2024 1:22 PM

1 reply

May 23, 2024 6:50 PM in response to YoungEasy

I have the same problem with English switching to Arabic when I use the emoji keyboard.

Keyboard setup in Settings: English, Emoji, Arabic.

This bug happens regardless of which app is being used.

Replicate bug:

• open keyboard to type in English
  • tap “emoji” button to open emoji keyboard
  • now the language switched to Arabic
  • which means if I exit the emoji keyboard back to normal typing, the language is Arabic
  • so I need to switch it back to English every time

Emoji key switching to secondary language bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.