Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: About Stolen Device Protection for iPhone

How can I turn off Stolen Device Protection?

How do I disable security delay on my iPhone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 12, 2024 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2024 2:02 PM

I have tried to disable security delay for the last 5 hours and it keeps starting over every time the security delay itself runs it’s course. This is more than annoying! How to I get rid of it?

It’s also telling me I’m not in a familiar location, and I’m literally the same place I always am.

21 replies

Apr 24, 2024 3:16 PM in response to JesseGodoy34

I made the horrible mistake of enabling this feature. I had to change things three times that required this in the last two weeks. I start the task, I literally work from home, registered the phones at my home and it says it does not recognize the location every time. Which means an hour which really means much more since you do other things while waiting. It doesn’t work and is insane to disable. Great concept, horrible execution. I still don’t know how to disable it. I just bought another timer that goes off to let me know this timers done so I can do what I need to do.

Apr 16, 2024 7:48 AM in response to ryhbvfty

Same issue here, i have a colleague, who did an ios update and now this annoyance turns up when i try to setup an email account with the apple mail app, and choosing "microsoft exchange" and other mail method works.

as everyone here, we just cant get pass the security delay.

this is a bug and it needs to be fixed ASAP, pretty please

Apr 26, 2024 3:32 AM in response to Dark_Recompense

Same except I didn’t turn it on, it turned itself on and now won’t stay off. I can’t log into the library if I’m in bed because this thing can’t recognize my face unless I go stand in the light - so now it has woken me all the way up to stand in the light for it. Doesn’t warn you there will be a ‘security hold’ for a hour - which will now be waking me up again in an hour. I can’t trust this iPhone to do its job when it’s dark. Wretched.

How can I turn off Stolen Device Protection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.