Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Watch HomeKey stopped working with Schlage Encode Plus

Since watchOS 10.4, HomeKey appears to authenticate correctly ("Done" and all indications appear as if it worked), however it has no effect on the Encode Plus lock. iPhone works fine. If it matters, I'm not using a hub for HomeKit.

I've tried following troubleshooting steps:

• Powering Watch on/off
  • Totally un-pairing and re-pairing Watch to iPhone
  • Un-pairing and re-pairing lock in HomeKit
  • Factory resetting lock

And yes I've heard the solution of just holding the watch up to the lock until it finally works- it did not work.

I'm out of ideas. Thanks in advance for any help, I'd really appreciate it!

iPhone 14 Pro on iOS 17.4

Apple Watch Series 5 on watchOS 10.4

Schlage Encode Plus

Posted on Mar 16, 2024 1:31 AM

6 replies

Apr 10, 2024 2:53 PM in response to joe_k_

I had this problem too and "solved" it by buying an Apple TV, unenrolling the lock, physically moving the Apple TV close to the lock (6 feet), re-enrolling the lock via Home (I didn't try doing it via the Schlage app so it's possible that would have worked). Once I did that, then both my phone and watch worked, and continue to work even with the Apple TV back in its normal spot 50+ feet away from the lock (out of BLE range presumably). I had to bring the Apple TV close to the lock to enroll my wife's phone, but again that continues to work even with the Apple TV away from the lock.

Apr 17, 2024 1:39 PM in response to joe_k_

For me, the watch unlock works even on watch os 10.4 but when I upgraded the HomeKit today, it stopped working. Just like you, it showed "Done" but nothing happens and I can still unlock with my iPhone by holding up to it. I have already reset the lock and readied it to both Schlage app and Home app but still not working. Did you get it to work?

Watch HomeKey stopped working with Schlage Encode Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.