iPhone 15 pro max randomly restarts

iPhone 15 pro max iOS 17.4

it was on my table next to my bed & it randomly restarted.

automatic updates are off, automatically download is off,

automatically install updates are off,

only automatically install security responses & system files is on, BUT it says in settings that when it’s connected to WiFi, charging & locked. This is only a week old brand new phone. What causes this?

It was NOT charging & NOT hooked up to power therefore it couldn’t be an automatic update.

Any suggestions on what I should do or what maybe happened? Anyone else experiencing this?

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Mar 16, 2024 4:51 PM

5 replies

Mar 19, 2024 9:03 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Only occurred once. But had this brand new phone for approximately less than 2 weeks. The screen also flickers while scrolling, battery drain, especially when not using it the battery drains even faster, crashes in settings, sometimes the cellular data signal bars randomly go to zero as well when not in use, numerous problems from a brand new phone, etc.

Mar 19, 2024 9:12 AM in response to jasonflying

Once would not be something I worry about. However, if you are seeing the other behavior you describe, that could be symptoms of a problem. Did you restore this device from a backup of your old device or set it up as new? What troubleshooting have you tried? If you go to Settings>Battery, look at the list of apps there and which one is using the highest percentage of battery? Cellular signal drops can be from any number of issues, location, tower problems, building constructions, and the list can go on. Let me know what those things I ask show.

Mar 22, 2024 2:32 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Did the transfer iPhone to iPhone where you put both phones close to each other in the store. What’s weird is the battery goes down faster after I stop using it for a while & put the phone down. If that makes sense. It seems like maybe the faster processor runs more when not using it lol. Safari is the second biggest usage. First is deleted apps. Also when I go to settings, then general, fonts drops down under the word keyboard like it’s an error & new if that makes sense. It suddenly appears there each time I go into those settings.

iPhone 15 pro max randomly restarts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.