iOS Mail search function does not work properly

This is a follow on from a previous thread on the same subject from a couple of years ago, referring to iOS 15. As far as I can see, the iOS mail search facility STILL doesn’t work, and here I am with 17.3.1. The problem is easily demonstrated: I can see a number of emails on my screen from the same sender and with the same subject. However a search on that sender, or that subject, does not return all of them - sometimes none at all.

It is clearly a bug, not solved by the various workarounds/tutorials suggested in this forum. Come on Apple, please just fix the darn thing, and soon. Thanks.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Mar 24, 2024 1:40 AM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2024 1:43 AM in response to rmleech

Not on iCloud?

Which email account are you referring to? Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other (Refer to the pic )below

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

iOS Mail search function does not work properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.