Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Corrosion in charging port

My iPhone 15pro is 10 weeks old and stopped charging suddenly. Took it to the iPhone store where they diagnosed corrosion on the pins in the charging port. It has never been exposed to water or moisture. Has anyone ever heard of this? I’m also wondering how long from the time of exposure of the charging port to moisture would it take for the corrosion to happen. I am 100% certain the phone was not exposed in the 10 weeks I’ve owned it so I’m wondering if it could be a factory defect or possibly exposed at the point of purchase location.

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Mar 25, 2024 1:04 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Corrosion in charging port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.