Related Article: About the security content of macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

problem with recognizing an external monitor on sonoma 14.4.1

I updated to sonoma 14.4.1 right now. Before updating, I connected to the monitor(DELL), which was working. However, as I've completed the updated, mac(m3) does not recognize it. Does anyone have the same problem?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on Mar 26, 2024 5:50 AM

5 replies

Apr 2, 2024 12:35 PM in response to DiamondKor

SOLVED. I have 2 monitors that are daisy chained and ends into laptop. Same cable also provides power to my computer. So I disconnected that cable, and plugged the USB-C power cable that's connected to my brick into computer. Then I plugged the cable from the monitors into laptop and both monitors were immediately recognized. Unplugged the power cable from the brick and now everything is working normally. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Mar 27, 2024 4:31 PM in response to 26ryss

I also had this problem. I am using a MacBook Air, 15-inch, M2, 2023. Installing Sonoma 14.4.1 bricked my display support. I could no longer detect my LG UHD 32UP83A-W which was connected via USB-C cable.

My solution was to reset my monitor back to factory conditions. Upon doing so, my MacBook instantly recognized the monitor like it used to.

problem with recognizing an external monitor on sonoma 14.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.