Charged extra when buying TV series on YouTube?

I bought the HBO series “The Pacific” today on YouTube, it was priced at £14.99. Why did Apple charge me £16.99? This has happened previously and it’s infuriating, what’s the reason for this and can I get the difference refunded?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 10:04 AM

Did you subscribe directly with YouTube or are your subscribing through Apple (App Store)?

9 replies

Mar 28, 2024 4:26 PM in response to keir51

I can’t see where YouTube accepts Apple Pay, at least in US. It may be different in UK. You’re going to have to contact YouTube support team for an explanation. Apple Pay only transmits data between merchant (YouTube) and Payment Method (credit card bank). It’s impossible for Apple Pay to change the price, if what you’re saying is correct. If you can get an explanation from YouTube, we can look at the additional information for an explanation.

Mar 28, 2024 4:19 PM in response to Jeff Donald

Directly through Youtube, used Apple Pay for the payment. On YouTube it showed £18.99 for HD, £14.99 for SD, then when the Apple Pay screen came up it showed £16.99 instead, I’d just put my thumb on the reader and didn’t notice the price jump until I got the transaction notification from my bank showing the £16.99 payment sent. I can’t understand it, surely if there was tax that would have been shown at some point but no, just raised it by £2 with no explanation

Charged extra when buying TV series on YouTube?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.