Family member cannot join custom email domain via iCloud+

I have an iCould+ account through the Apple One subscription. After creating a setting up my custom domain as the account owner, I sent a request to add a member to the custom domain.

From this point that invite was never sent, the invitee never recieved a notice of being added to the domain, nothing. Then when I would remove then as a member from my phone, they get a message on their devices saying they had been removed.

More over, this invitee could not see the iCould+ option for Custom Email Domain in their settings, even though my phone showed them as a member of the custom domain.

What is the problem?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 1:22 PM

1 reply

Mar 28, 2024 1:25 PM in response to npartrid

After discussing it with Apple support I found the issue...

The invitee will not see the invite to join the custom email domain if they do not have an iCould email address setup. See instructions for setting up an iCould email at Set up iCloud Mail on all your devices - Apple Support.

After setting up the iCould email the Custom Email Domain setting is now visible and they can configure their custom domain as they please.

Family member cannot join custom email domain via iCloud+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.