You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

login error in app store with apple id

I have a MacBook Pro 13(macOS catalina) and I'm facing an error. When I try to log in to the App Store with my Apple ID and password, I encounter an error message saying 'An unknown error occurred'.

I've tried some solutions like restarting the laptop, disconnecting WiFi, and deleting all keychain files, but none of them worked.

When I log in to the Apple website using my Apple ID and password through the browser, it logs in successfully, but in the 'All Devices' section, my MacBook appears as unverified.

Without logging in, I can't install any applications from the App Store or update any apps.

Please help me with this problem.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 3:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2024 3:52 PM

I’m having an issue with the App Store in my iPhone. Keeps saying it ant connect but everything else is working for me.

5 replies

Apr 3, 2024 4:32 AM in response to pawan_kumar

Try and boot your Mac in the safe mode to see if you can login via the safe mode

Start up your Intel-based Mac in safe mode

1. Turn on or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key until you see the login window.
  2. Log in to your Mac.
  3. You might be asked to log in again.
  4. On either the first or second login window, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

login error in app store with apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.