Displaying Desktop Picture File Path Issue in macOS Mojave: Seeking Solution

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue where the file path of my desktop picture is being displayed on my Desktop in Mojave. I've already tried changing the desktop wallpaper to a different image and deleting Finder and desktop preferences, but the file path is still visible. I also checked the Desktop & Screen Saver settings for an option to display file path, but couldn't find one.

Here's a snapshot showing the issue: link

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro 15″

Posted on Apr 4, 2024 9:09 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 16, 2024 3:49 PM in response to Peedubya88

Hi here to help.

I'd suggest creating a test admin user, to see if it is something in your account, or in the entire mac. For starters.

Let's try that first.

I haven't seen this before.

Normally I'd probably run Terminal $ default read com.apple.finder for example.

It's gotta be a setting somewhere:)

Start with test user, come back!

Kind regards

Rr

Btw looks like some intitle , video watermark or something?!

Apr 17, 2024 8:20 AM in response to Peedubya88

I have never had such an issue, but maybe this method will solve your problem. If you're experiencing trouble displaying the desktop picture file path in macOS Mojave, there's a straightforward solution you can try. First, navigate to the System Preferences menu, then select Desktop & Screen Saver. From there, click on the Desktop tab and ensure that the "Show file path" option is checked. This should make the file path visible on your desktop, resolving the issue you're encountering. If the problem persists, you may need to restart your computer or consider reaching out to Apple Support for further assistance.

Apr 17, 2024 7:09 AM in response to WhisperingWempe

Hi WhisperingWempe,

Thank you for your response. I tried the terminal command, but it provided too many options for me to review. So, I decided to try it on a test account, and that worked!

The only issue now is figuring out how to transfer everything to the new user. I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle or not at this point.

If you have any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thank you for your time and help; it's greatly appreciated!

Displaying Desktop Picture File Path Issue in macOS Mojave: Seeking Solution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.