Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Face ID won't work with my new glasses!

I just purchased a new pair of glasses from Zenni Optical with their EyeQLenz™ Anti-Infrared Lenses

I received them yesterday, and now my Face ID won't work....apparently, because these lenses block Infrared, Face ID won't allow me to even set up an Alternate Appearance with them (it says there's an obstruction).

Is there any way to "bypass" or select an option that would allow me to use Face ID with these glasses?

If not, then EVERY TIME I need to use my phone, I have to lift up my glasses (which is ridiculous).

Thanks in advance!!

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 5, 2024 2:44 AM

4 replies

Apr 5, 2024 2:48 AM in response to STBruck92

To improve understanding of the phenomenon, it would be highly beneficial if you could share a screenshot with the error. Visual representations carry greater impact than written descriptions.

Please remember that this is a public forum, so when attaching a screenshot, please avoid including any personal credentials such as IP addresses, card details, email IDs, Apple IDs, IMEI numbers, serial numbers, phone numbers, order IDs, or any identifiable location information if you are sharing a map.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Face ID won't work with my new glasses!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.