When the Apple Studio Display is plugged in, the 2.5gb Ethernet adapter stop working

Hello everyone,

When I plugged my Macbook Pro M1 Max on my Apple Studio Display, my 2.5Gb Ethernet adapter from Anker just stop working.

I also tried on a m2 macbook air, same effect.

I've tried all the port on the macbook, tried to put the adapter into another adapter, plug it on every single port off my macbook AND on the studio display, I always have the same issue.

It's the first time I see this.

Today my ISP sent me their new box with 2.5gb ethernet.

It's working perfectly everywhere but not when that Studio Display is plugged in.

Do someone face the same issue ? How to solve it ?

Thank you 🙏

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 5, 2024 4:02 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 5, 2024 5:01 PM in response to HakShinKen

I've noticed something strange. When I take the thunderbolt cable of the studio display and place it just near the TB port of my macbook, the adapter switch off instantaneously. The cable just touches the macbook, not plugged into the port. Seems to be some weird electrical / power issue.

(My house is new, no issue on electrical side and already tested another socket from another room, same issue

When the Apple Studio Display is plugged in, the 2.5gb Ethernet adapter stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.