Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Iphone stuck after update on hello screen

Hello together

I think my IPhone made an update over the night. Now it just shows the "hello" screen but the touchscreen is not working. Even the reset just brings me back to this screen but touchscreen still not working. Also plug in to charging is not showing on the top. What can I try to do? Tried to plug it to a PC and Mac, on both the device is not showing up.

I have a IPhone 15 Pro

iPhone 15 Pro

Posted on Apr 6, 2024 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2024 4:43 AM

I was able to fix it, you will need a Mac to fix it with this method.

First download Apple Configurator on the AppStore: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-configurator/id1037126344?mt=12

Next you will plug in your iPhone to the Mac

Now in apple configurator accept terms and allow connection to iphone

It should show your phone as DFU, right click on that and and, click Advanced > Revive Device, then click Revive

Throughout the process it will install IOS again and you will have to click allow several times throughout. After the download of ios you will notice it starts to install after a lot of "allows" and see your phone is showing the apple logo and will re-install ios (you will not lose any data)

Once complete on your iPhone it will have you type in your password "to upgrade" and after that you should be able to use your iPhone normally.

Hope this works and helps :)

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2024 4:43 AM in response to Annu1234

I was able to fix it, you will need a Mac to fix it with this method.

First download Apple Configurator on the AppStore: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-configurator/id1037126344?mt=12

Next you will plug in your iPhone to the Mac

Now in apple configurator accept terms and allow connection to iphone

It should show your phone as DFU, right click on that and and, click Advanced > Revive Device, then click Revive

Throughout the process it will install IOS again and you will have to click allow several times throughout. After the download of ios you will notice it starts to install after a lot of "allows" and see your phone is showing the apple logo and will re-install ios (you will not lose any data)

Once complete on your iPhone it will have you type in your password "to upgrade" and after that you should be able to use your iPhone normally.

Hope this works and helps :)

Apr 6, 2024 10:20 PM in response to Annu1234

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - Follow the instructions in this article by Apple ➔ If your iPhone is Non-Responsive or Frozen and see if that helps.

(3)  If that does not help, then contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and evaluation.

Axel F.

Apr 10, 2024 10:44 AM in response to JOSH_APPLE01

I have an iPhone 15 Pro. I woke up same situation after software update. Screen only showed the apple.

I tried the volume up, volume down, power restart dozens of times.

Finally did a Recovery Mode attempt plugged into my work computer and following this guide (If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support), which after 2-3 attempts stated I needed to do a Restore and Update (or "restored to factory settings").

Phone finally WORKED! It opened as factory reset where I had to choose language, country, etc. Was able to fully restore once I could get to iCloud back up and restore to a version that saved last night. Hope this helps anyone in the same situation.

Apr 6, 2024 10:46 PM in response to Axel Foley

Hi, thanks for your answer.

The Force Restart is unfortunately not working. But I got it connected to ITunes on my mac, but the force reset while connected is not bringing up the Update on the PC. I just see the option to restore.

So that is the only option for me then? I am just so scared about loosing any data. But I have the Icloud back up.

My PC is showing a notification that the phone is in DFU mode.

Regards,

Iphone stuck after update on hello screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.