Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to restore mobile data functionality post iOS 17.4.1 update

So my phone just updated automatically in the night as usual but now I cannot connect to anything. I’ve done all the resets you can think of to fix it and my WiFi just won’t work and even my mobile data won’t work properly??? Has this happened for anyone else?? I don’t know how to fix it at this point I might have to take it to someone to try fix it…

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 12:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 6:31 AM

My phone auto updated overnight - cellular data is broken. None of the config change suggestions work. I am on work travel with only my work laptop till Sunday - which I cannot use to back up my phone via USB cable. Is the total wipeout and restore the only solution anyone has come up with? Where is Apple - this issue has been ongoing for over a month from the posts I have seen.

66 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2024 6:31 AM in response to Alipeps

My phone auto updated overnight - cellular data is broken. None of the config change suggestions work. I am on work travel with only my work laptop till Sunday - which I cannot use to back up my phone via USB cable. Is the total wipeout and restore the only solution anyone has come up with? Where is Apple - this issue has been ongoing for over a month from the posts I have seen.

Apr 8, 2024 11:04 AM in response to Alipeps

iPhone 14 Pro Max on AT&T network. Can send texts but cannot make or receive calls, and cellular data is turned on, but whem trying to use data, there is a pop up that says "turn on cellular data". Did a manual update midday on Saturday, and have been having these issues since then.

I have been on the phone with AT&T tech support for upwards of 80 minutes now. We've replaced the eSIM twice. We've reset the network settings twice. We've turned airplane mode on and off, with and without restarts, more times than I can count. Nothing has made a dent.

This is clearly an Apple/software update issue, NOT a carrier issue.

Apr 8, 2024 5:25 AM in response to Alipeps

IPhone 15 Pro Max (At&t wireless carrier) having Wifi issues after installing 17.4.1. I could not connect to my home Spectrum Wifi, dealt with Apple Care, we did a whole wipe of my phone, did not fix issue. Scheduled appointment next day with Genius at Apple Store, we reloaded my phone, they tested and got an all good on hardware.

Went home, still couldn't connect, so found advice online to SELECT Manual IP. Set it to manual IP, inputted IP, Sub Mask and Router info. Looks like it worked because I got the CHECK next to router on Wifi settings, BUT no Wifi symbol on Iphone.

I tried all the tricks with Wifi, resetting, forgetting, etc etc.

Still no Wifi. I'm so dumfounded, been an Apple supporter since '92. Never have I been so worked up about this issue...

ANYONE HAVE IDEAS... Come on APPLE what's the fix??

Apr 9, 2024 8:04 PM in response to Alipeps

Me too! Apple said it was AT&T’s fault and AT&T said it was Apple’s problem. The run around is insane. I can’t call, I can’t receive calls and I can’t send regular iMessage to anyone.

I’ve done every reset in the book. AT&T reset my eSIM 3 times. Apple says factory a reset will work. I saw someone else on here perform the reset and see no changes. I’ll lose all of my data if I perform a reset without a backup. Then Apple says I can’t backup my phone or else the “bug” would be in my backup.

Apple needs to take responsibility and understand this software update has glitches and was not thoroughly tested.

Apr 8, 2024 12:40 AM in response to Alipeps

It surely is not iOS 17.4.1 because...

I conducted a thorough search of this forum using the term 'Cellular network after iOS' and uncovered numerous posts detailing similar issues across various iOS updates. This suggests that iOS updates may not consistently be the root cause. Below are a handful of examples extracted from over 6,000 search results:

"After iOS 17.4.1" will be an addition to this list posted by you.

How to restore mobile data functionality post iOS 17.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.