old samsung scx-3400 printer drivers on macos sonoma

I can't find appropriate drivers for my old printer. All links with drivers are down and I can't download modern drivers from HP website because their drivers are too old. Maybe some one had same problem and can upload their drivers.

I even tried to install some software for printing made for Windows with CrossOver, but it won't let me finish an install.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 11:45 AM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2024 1:20 PM in response to h3dgeeee

Hi,

Samsung printers are now part of HP.

You may want to try the Feb 27, 2023 V3.93.08 universal driver package:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/SS/Print_Common_SW/Samsung_Mac_Driver_V3.93.08.dmg

[This is a Direct Download Link]

Perhaps choosing something like the M2020 or M2070, or another model, if an entry for your exact model cannot be found. Look upon this as an experiment. It may or may not work.

If necessary, reset the printing system between tests

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

Also, if you have one of the following (exact) SCX models, the printer supports Apple's AirPrint technology, and would not require an additional driver, if connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the Mac, wirelessly or via Ethernet:

• Samsung SCX-3405FW
  • Samsung SCX-3405HW
  • Samsung SCX-3405W
  • Samsung SCX-3406FW
  • Samsung SCX-3406HW
  • Samsung SCX-3406W
  • Samsung SCX-3407W

About AirPrint - Apple Support

old samsung scx-3400 printer drivers on macos sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.